Sidechain button missing in plugins in Logic Pro 10.7.8

GardenGnome1
Go to solution Solved by des99,

Hey everyone, I realised that the sidechain button is missing on some plug-ins (both stock and third-party). I was trying to use Synchro Arts VocAlign Project 5 but it doesn't have the sidechain button. This didn't use to be a problem. Some plug-ins still have the sidechain button, like the stock compressor, stock noise gate and Fab-Filter pro C. I have tried everything, including resetting/re-scanning plug-in library, restarting both logic and the computer, and toggled the advanced settings. Attached are some screenshots of my plug-in windows. Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you! 🙂

Screenshot 2023-06-21 at 4.13.05 pm.png

Screenshot 2023-06-21 at 4.12.47 pm.png

Edited by GardenGnome1

12 minutes ago, David Nahmani said:

Not all plug-ins have a Side Chain input. The Channel EQ and Limiter are examples of plug-ins that do not have a Side Chain input. 

There's plug-ins that absolutely are supposed to have a side-chain input but don't, at least on my end. Examples include VocAlign Project 5 (sidechain is how the guide track is recorded) and soothe2.

Screenshot 2023-06-21 at 4.13.05 pm.png

Screenshot 2023-06-21 at 4.31.38 pm.png

Edited by GardenGnome1

Just now, GardenGnome1 said:

There's plug-ins that absolutely are supposed to have a side-chain input but don't, at least on my end. Examples include VocAlign Project 5 (sidechain is how the guide track is recorded) and soothe2.

Try inserting these plug-ins in the instrument slot of a software instrument track?

1 minute ago, David Nahmani said:

Try inserting these plug-ins in the instrument slot of a software instrument track?

You can't use VocAlign and Soothe2 as instruments because they're audio effects. Putting them as an audio effect software instruments tracks didn't work either.

• 7 months later...