WTF!!!! RAWRRRRR

teamworkmammal

a cautionary tale:

ok so last night was my first performance using mainstage. everything was going fine until the last song. i switched the set, pounded on my keys and.....NOTHING CAME OUT!! so after a brief argument with the sound guy about why my keys were making no noise, i realized the meters on mainstage werent budging. i switched to my last patch, everything was fine, switched back, and it was totally dead. so i had to quit and restart right in the middle of a show and it was way sh**ty. after everything rebooted it came back to life, but seriously i do not need to deal with that kind of a bug. i hope the mainstage developers are on their ponies figuring this out. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

well it was a combination of a yamaha grand piano and a sunburst guitar channel strip setting. neither patch was working. this type of buggy thing happens a lot in mainstage- as well as problems with remembering your midi learn paths, but i will say the idea of this program is outstanding and i really love it when its working- but i'd be slow to recommend it because of the bugs.

I'm just wondering if triggering a Panic would have helped!

Some of us have seen the problem of patches not playing instantly, or that the audio cuts off, but I've never seen it where the audio totally cuts off requiring the computer to be rebooted.

If it happens again can you try triggering a Panic to see if it helps and let us know

Thanks

Some of us have seen the problem of patches not playing instantly, or that the audio cuts off, but I've never seen it where the audio totally cuts off requiring the computer to be rebooted.

Rebooting seems more like an audio driver issue and not an application issue. For an application the WORST possible thing should be restarting the application, not the computer.

• 2 weeks later...

panic did not help, restarting mainstage helped (live ! argh ). To me it seems to be related to the b3 plugin playing ("little phase organ")..but others reported the esx24 related to this bug. THIS IS A SHOWSTOPPER.

using plain midi emu usb MIDI in interface, internal sound card. Also tried firewire terratec phase 88 => even worse since terratec has bad driver support (more crashes) ..