Jump to content

Return key

Go to solution Solved by Atlas007,

Recommended Posts

This is a common source of confusion which I've often seen with my students.

On full-size keyboards the one @Atlas007 pointed out is called "Return" while the one that's part of the keypad is called "Enter". For many people (and in many applications) that's one and the same. But that's not always the case. Some applications assign different functionalities to both keys (and also to the numeric keys on the main keyboard and on the keypad). Sibelius is a classic example, but Logic also can treat them differently. For example by default on 10.5.1 the numeric keys on the main keyboard select screen sets while the ones on the keypad select markers.


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...