Arpeggio in Mainstage

fquest

(Just thinking out loud) I'm new to Logic, so is there then a way to record the desired arpeggio part to a track in logic, then sample it/ insert it (perhaps as a .wav) to a sampler/synth within Logic and assign it to a single note to be triggered in Mainstage??? Maybe a long way around, but an option?

• 4 weeks later...

You could do it with a really elaborate Ultrabeat setup. Sort of how the single finger switches trigger groove patterns, they can also trigger bass lines and with the ability to switch between pitches in Ultrabeat steps now. It would be a lot of work and the patterns would be monophonic, and specific to a single key. As far as the last post said you could use Ultrabeat to trigger .wav's of your arps too.

All of this would have to be edited in Logic first I believe.

Haven't done most of this just been learning what the new Ultrabeat can do.

soundorphan

I was going to say just that: for any kind of triggering of samples or loops in MainStage, use Ultrabeat. The preset "Drag and Drop samples" let you trigger AIFF or WAV samples, and soundorphan's idea of using the 24 patterns to record your arps and then trigger them live is a great one if the step sequencer is fast enough for your needs (it only goes down to the 1/32nd note).

• 2 months later...
I have a song that calls for an arpeggiated synth in the chorus. I would love to be able to create one and assign it maybe to one octave on the keyboard. Anyone know how to create the arpeggio for use in Mainstage? Thanks for any input...

Your best bet would be to find a 3rd party plug-in that has an arpeggiator. I haven't tried Kore 2 yet, but I read somewhere that it has an arpeggiator. I've also read that Kore 2 requires a lot of CPU, so.. it might not be ideal for what you are doing. There are some synths that have arps built-in though, so that's what I'd do if i were you.

This sounds like a great opportunity to explore arpeggiation using other tools (U.B. like Dave and Soundorphan were talking about).

The delay designer can create great arpeggiated effects. You might be able to have a controller change the patch and/or settings of the delay designer to modify the arpeggiation as needed.

You could also have a series of synths with envelops timed out to trigger a new oscillator at a transposed pitch. (using Synced settings to match Mainstage's tempo)

I wonder if there are also some interesting ways to use side-chaining (with a UB pattern) to create different arpeggiation effects.

Maybe in the next version, they'll give us a bit of Logic's environment...

Rich

• 1 month later...

Guys - I was able to do it using Kore 2. But their plugins murder my CPU as the plugins that Kore PLayer comes with are Audio.

I find it a bit easier to use rather than all the programming in UB, but then again I dont need more than 2 channels per patch.