Can ONLY hear sends/aux signals and NOT original track audio in my project in Logic Pro X!

Garvan

Hi, Hoping someone has had same issue. Many of the tracks in multiple projects are not playing back correctly. To be clear, i was working on them yesterday and they were playing back fine. I then saved the project and shut down my laptop. When I opened it up again today, it sounded odd. I solo'd a few tracks and it looks like I am only hearing the aux send channels. e.g. if I solo the kick drum, all I am hearing is any sends from that track and when I disable the sends, there is no audio at all but the meter is still showing signal playing. This is happening on some tracks and not others and across multiple projects. It did happen about a week ago but it seemed to fix itself after a day or two. I have recently factory reset my Mac Book Pro 2015 and re-installed logic and plugins and nothing else so that it would be a clean running machine. Does anyone know what is happening? At this stage I am thinking a re-install of logic. I did consider there may be dodgy plugin, as i HAD some older versions of some waves plugins which previously seemed to cause start up issues for logic AND I suspect had something to do with the random Logic shutdowns that would happen, but I have abandoned Waves completely after the factory reboot. I still have half my 250GB internal SSD drive available and I run all my projects from my Glyph Studio external SSD. I also have an iMac at the studio which doesn't seem to have shown these issues.

Any insight anyone might have is appreciated.

I am using:

Macbook Pro 2015 - 2.2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7 - 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3 - Monterey 12.7.1 - Logic Pro X 10.7.9

2 hours ago, Garvan said:

I run all my projects from my Glyph Studio external SSD

How is it formatted ? It should be formatted in a mac format, like APFS. Running Logic projects from an exfat formatted drive is known to lead to performance problems and even project corruption...

Edited by JakobP

Thanks but I'm fairly sure that the external hard drives are not the problem as they have ALWAYS ran smoothly. My fear is that when I factory reset to Monterey, I may have downloaded a more recent version of Logic than the laptop or OS can handle. I stupidly didnt save the last version of logic i was running before the factory reset...Any other people recognize any of these issues?....I'm not ready to buy a new laptop yet!

In your first post, you say everything worked fine the day before, so when did you do this reinstall ? You're aware that initially after a new installation, the mac will do some "warehousing" like indexing your drives, which probably will disturb audio work ?

1 hour ago, Garvan said:

I'm fairly sure

Make sure 😉

Edited by JakobP

Thanks, I did the factory reboot about a week ago, maybe more, and started re-installing plugins after that. I think I noticed this current issue I am posting about a few days after the reboot at the earliest, because before that I wasn't attempting to work on any projects until all the plugins were installed. If it turns out that the issue is the logic pro version is too recent for my laptop and OS, does anyone have a copy of Logic Pro 10.6 that I could reinstall?