Logic Pro 10.8 EQ small visual bug

dandandaaan

Little visual glitch I am noticing on my system:

Mac Mini M2 Pro

Ventura 13.6.1

Logic Pro X 10.8

Bug: when opening a Channel EQ plug-in, when I grab a coloured handle to make an adjustment the handle disappears. It doesn’t reappear unless plug-in window is closed then reopened, or cursor leaves window then re-enters. The curve can still be edited and the plug-in seems to work as normal but this is definitely a change/glitch that I didn’t get before 10.8. Anyone else?

On 11/28/2023 at 2:08 AM, dandandaaan said:

Little visual glitch I am noticing on my system:

Mac Mini M2 Pro

Ventura 13.6.1

Logic Pro X 10.8

Bug: when opening a Channel EQ plug-in, when I grab a coloured handle to make an adjustment the handle disappears. It doesn’t reappear unless plug-in window is closed then reopened, or cursor leaves window then re-enters. The curve can still be edited and the plug-in seems to work as normal but this is definitely a change/glitch that I didn’t get before 10.8. Anyone else?

m2 pro max 13.6.1 

this happens for me all the time. ive sent feedback to apple directly about it but who knows what they see. 

On 11/28/2023 at 10:08 AM, dandandaaan said:

when opening a Channel EQ plug-in, when I grab a coloured handle to make an adjustment the handle disappears.

This sounds familiar – but in v10.3.3 on El Capitan. I haven't experienced it in 10.7.9 or in 10.8 on Ventura yet.

Thanks for all the interesting insight on this thread! On further testing it seems quite intermittent so may be hard to replicate. Haven’t tried on 10.8.1 yet.

@oscwilde I’m personally considering the Sonoma upgrade in my January downtime after I finish my current gig! Is it generally stable at the moment?

Per Dave's findings. Yes has been stable for me - and it's generally "snappier" to use.
The key thing is going to be your library/plug-in compatibility.
I use Arturia/NI/Toontrack/PT/SoundToys/Korg/GForce/U-He/Synapse/TAL and other manufacturer plugs on both a MBP and also the studio M1 Max - and everything runs fine....except some Waves plug-ins.
We keep a separate boot drive - running Ventura for Waves/ProTools sessions in the studio.
PT itself actually runs fine on Sonoma (even though it's not "supported") but Waves plugs can be flaky.
Do you rely on specific plugs/libraries on your production machine?
If so, research/ask about compatibility with Sonoma - and then make the call in January.
Perhaps run a second bootable system for a while before biting the bullet?

• Like 1

Sonoma (now 14.1.2) has without a doubt been the most stable, rock solid and efficient OS since purchasing the M1 Studio Ultra when it first came out.

BTW, Oscwilde, I'm curious to know what Waves plugs are giving you issues. 

But so far, i've not found anything that doesn't work in Sonoma, that didn't work in BigSur and Ventura.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, mattrixx said:

I'm curious to know what Waves plugs are giving you issues. 

No particular Waves plugs, just occasional, random errors/crashes - which may actually be related to the studio clock. We're trying to pin it down, but there's no obvious "link" / plug that always crashes - apart from it happening when sync-ing.

• Like 1