Bip randomly converts 24 bit to 32

Keefer

Hello,

Hope someone can help. When I'm finishing up a project I always bounce each track in place so I have a collection of full aiff files.

For some reason one track will get saved as 32 bit. The original files are 24 bit. This has happened in more than one project. Every file is 24 bit except the one 32.

Thanks

Thanks for the reply

It seems to be an issue with the Amplitude Guitar rig plug in. I copied the audio to another track without it and it bounced correctly. What is odd is that I was using the exact same plug in/same settings on a couple of other tracks in the same project  and they bounced with no problem.

I could not find the other project that this happened in so I don't know if it's always the same track or plug in. I just remember that it has happened before. Thanks again...

2018 Mac mini 3.2 6 core

32G RAM

Monterey 12.4

Logic X 10.7.9

UA Volt 476 USB-C

On 12/2/2023 at 5:53 AM, Keefer said:

Hello,

Hope someone can help. When I'm finishing up a project I always bounce each track in place so I have a collection of full aiff files.

For some reason one track will get saved as 32 bit. The original files are 24 bit. This has happened in more than one project. Every file is 24 bit except the one 32.

Thanks

Yes, it seems Logic bounces to 32bit float if there are peaks above 0dbfs, if not I get 24bit here...

• Like 1