Logic X Pro 10.8.1

LISOC
Go to solution Solved by Jordi Torres,

Hey there,

I just did the update and I seem to be having enormous trouble being able to record into Logic via my Scarlett 18i20. I checked my inbuilt mic and mics/interface in Focusrite Control and everything checks out, I'm only having this issue when recording into Logic. It sounds horrific, any ideas what might be the problem?!

Thank you everybody!! 

(Running on latest Sonoma update using 2023 MacBook Pro if that helps)

41 minutes ago, Jordi Torres said:

Hi LISOC,

Make sure Mic Mode is set to Standard?

J.

Thanks J,

How would Mic Mode affect the audio recording from my external mic via interface? I just tried recording in Garage Band and it recorded perfectly... I completely reinstalled Logic and it still has the same problem... 😞 

8 minutes ago, LISOC said:

How would Mic Mode affect the audio recording from my external mic via interface?

Did you not try it? Apparently it does. This has been discussed before:

8 minutes ago, LISOC said:

I just tried recording in Garage Band and it recorded perfectly

Yes, this is also mentioned in that thread. That Mic Mode does not affect all applications.

J.

Edited by Jordi Torres

20 minutes ago, Jordi Torres said:

Did you not try it? Apparently it does. This has been discussed before:

Yes, this is also mentioned in that thread. That Mic Mode does not affect all applications.

J.

Yes, it was already set to standard 😞 Otherwise, it sounds very similar to these issues, you're right. 

• Wow! 1

• Solution
49 minutes ago, LISOC said:

Yes, it was already set to standard 😞 Otherwise, it sounds very similar to these issues, you're right. 

I'm surprised to read that. Does it happen in any project (i.e., even on a new project starting from the factory "Empty Project" template with no plugins)?

If that's the case, next I would try trashing Logic's preferences file:

~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.logic10.plist

J.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Jordi Torres said:

I'm surprised to read that. Does it happen in any project (i.e., even on a new project starting from the factory "Empty Project" template with no plugins)?

If that's the case, next I would try trashing Logic's preferences file:

~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.logic10.plist

J.

It worked ! I made sure anything logic related was trashed and reinstalled... then an orange mic icon appeared in the toolbar when I opened Logic and you betcha, it was in 'voice isolation' mode. It was my first encounter with this icon, however.. odd.. but I'm very relieved. Thank you SO much Jordi! 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Jordi Torres said:

Ok, I'm not really sure what happened there since you said the Mic Mode was already set to "Standard" before? 🤔

Anyway, I'm glad to hear the problem's solved after trashing the Logic preferences file! 

Cheers,

J.

Yes, I'd followed the Apple link you provided earlier and checked in FaceTime, there it was set to "Standard". However, the Mic Mode option had not appeared when I'd opened Logic until I had completely reinstalled it and trashed the preferences file as per your instructions! 🙂

• Like 1