Exporting tempo info to another DAW

Dave Blackburn

Dear gurus, 

I have a client who likes her vocal on a song she recorded in 1981 but hates the piano accompaniment. She asked if there would be a way to separate them and have a new piano track recorded. Izotope RX9 did a pretty good job of extracting the vocal, even retaining its reverb, so now I have a workable vocal track. In Logic Pro 10.7.9 I brought the original track into a new project with Adapt Tempo selected and it mapped the subtle tempo variations probably caused by the tune coming off a cassette tape - it would have been originally recorded to a click track.

My question is this: the piano player I want to send it to doesn't used LP - Reason, I think - and I want to send him a chart and the isolated vocal with the tempo map openable in his DAW. The vocal track has the tempo information embedded already, but is that enough?

Thanks, in advance.

Hi Dave,

2 hours ago, Dave Blackburn said:

The vocal track has the tempo information embedded already, but is that enough?

That would be a question for the piano player that uses Reason (or you can search in Reason's docs) 😉.

Otherwise you could create a MIDI region in Logic (containing at least. one MIDI event at position 1 1 1 1, a MIDI note, for example) for the duration of the song then export it as a Standard MIDI file from Logic. It will contain the tempo map that your piano player can import in Reason.

J.

Edited by Jordi Torres
  • Like 1