The new Logic Pro mastering plugin is outstanding.

jmob

I've all but stopped using ozone at this point. I'm not saying I won't use it again but there is something about the new mastering plugin that just works for me. I like how you can analyze the entire song. Most of the time, I just leave it on transparent. I do wonder if it builds a dynamic map of a full song sometimes. It just sounds that good.

Clearly, they are going to come out with a channel eq/dynamics processor in the future. Probably sooner than later and they will all work together along with the mastering plugin. Really amazing stuff.

• Like 2

nice that it works well for you. but you'd have to pry ozone 11 advanced from my cold dead hands; the level of control, the options... make a huge difference. for commercial releases, for me, this kills logic's plugin.

i think it's probably great for hit-&-run moments, demos, works-in-progress. but it's no replacement for ozone....yet.

still, whatever works 👍

29 minutes ago, fisherking said:

nice that it works well for you. but you'd have to pry ozone 11 advanced from my cold dead hands; the level of control, the options... make a huge difference. for commercial releases, for me, this kills logic's plugin.

i think it's probably great for hit-&-run moments, demos, works-in-progress. but it's no replacement for ozone....yet.

still, whatever works 👍

Interesting. Is ozone 11 way better than 10?

1 hour ago, jmob said:

Interesting. Is ozone 11 way better than 10?

i'd say that ozone 11 is one more than 10.

really, some good new features, changes to the interface, etc. is it better? yes. is it an essential upgrade from 10? for me, yes.

@analogika, not sure what happened for you. personally, i found the mastering assistant to be good. i spent a few hours A-B'ing results with what i get with ozone; having more control & options (and, in my humble experience, a better master) mattered.

is your master level (before the assistant) around -12 to -6db (more or less)? i did not get any terrible results with logics assistant...