David's book delayed

erfmufn

But will still be here in time for christmas so I can wrap it and give it to myself :)

------

Hello from Amazon.com.

We're writing about the order you placed on October 22 2007 21:30 PDT

(Order# xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx). Unfortunately, the release date for the item(s) listed below has changed, and we need to provide you with a new delivery estimate based on the new release date:

David Nahmani (Author) "Apple Pro Training Series: Logic Pro 8 and

Logic Express 8 (Apple Pro Training)" [Hardcover]

Estimated arrival date: 12/13/2007 - 12/21/2007

We apologize for the inconvenience caused by this delay.

---------

• 2 weeks later...
OK I'll inquire. All this time I thought the book was going to be out November 30th. Now peachpit says December 4th. I can totally see how the book could have been delayed a few days for X reason, but I can't see any reason it should be delayed an additional 3 weeks. I now have faith in the December 4th date. Will tell you more when I know more. Sorry about the hassle.

No worries man.. I'm sure there are issues beyond printing and distribution that they need to sort out.. hopefully I will be surprised and get it before xmas, plus the pre-order was discounted too so I can't complain. (^_^) If it's late it's a shame for peachpit to miss out on the christmas market though.

WTF?

customer-service@informit.com

Subject:

Pre-Order Cancel Notification

Date:

December 04, 2007 12:54:19 AM PST

To:

Dear Mr Gross ,

Thank you for placing your order with Peachpit Press. We regret to inform you

that the following item(s) from your order #WEB19425019508

placed on 9/21/2007 2:52:33 PM EDT have been cancelled:

Apple Pro Training Series: Logic Pro 8 and Logic Express 8, ISBN 9780321502926, $44.99 each Quantity: 1

We apologize that we were unable to fulfill your order within the time frame we originally indicated.

Your credit card has not been charged.

We encourage you to visit our website for further updates regarding the availability of this product.

This document represents only the product mentioned above.

To view this order online, please access your online

If you have any questions or comments regarding your order please feel free to reply to this e-mail.

Our apologies for this inconvenience and we look forward to serving you in the future.

Once again, thank you for your business.

Sincerely,

Peachpit Press

http://www.peachpit.com

and..this am's repsonse...

Dear Mr. Gross,

I apologize for your inconvenience. I have processed a new order for the title, Apple Pro Training Series: Logic Pro 8 and Logic Express 8, 1/e. The title has come into stock today. Once your order ships from our warehouse, you will receive an email providing you with your FedEx tracking information.

Sincerely,

Christine

Customer Service

WTF?

customer-service@informit.com

Subject:

Pre-Order Cancel Notification

Date:

December 04, 2007 12:54:19 AM PST

To:

Dear Mr Gross ,

Thank you for placing your order with Peachpit Press. We regret to inform you

that the following item(s) from your order #WEB19425019508

placed on 9/21/2007 2:52:33 PM EDT have been cancelled:

Apple Pro Training Series: Logic Pro 8 and Logic Express 8, ISBN 9780321502926, $44.99 each Quantity: 1

We apologize that we were unable to fulfill your order within the time frame we originally indicated.

Your credit card has not been charged.

We encourage you to visit our website for further updates regarding the availability of this product.

This document represents only the product mentioned above.

To view this order online, please access your online

If you have any questions or comments regarding your order please feel free to reply to this e-mail.

Our apologies for this inconvenience and we look forward to serving you in the future.

Once again, thank you for your business.

Sincerely,

Peachpit Press

http://www.peachpit.com

Hi D!

I got exactly the same response???

and..this am's repsonse...

Dear Mr. Gross,

I apologize for your inconvenience. I have processed a new order for the title, Apple Pro Training Series: Logic Pro 8 and Logic Express 8, 1/e. The title has come into stock today. Once your order ships from our warehouse, you will receive an email providing you with your FedEx tracking information.

Sincerely,

Christine

Customer Service

Is this from amazon?

Did you order it there instead or did you reply to peachpit?

I don't know what to do... I have waited and waited for this book. :cry:

Eric..I ordered directly from PeachPit's website, so that's who I emailed...Did you go thru Amazon?? Timeframe might be different for you folks across the pond tho..

No...

I ordered from PeachPit too! I just thought that you spoke to Amazone due to this quote: "and..this am's repsonse... "

I thought tha am ment amazone ;) (I'm in sweden here...)

Well anyway, I just sent them an email asking them WHY they had canceled it but I still havent got any reply?

I hope they still can send it.