Mackie Universal Control/Logic Pro 8 compat issues.

lesp

Hello,

I was recently informed by a local Apple store tech that I'm not the only one out there experiencing some strange problems using Mackie Universal Pro Control and Mackie Extender Pro XT control surfaces with Logic Pro 8. Mackie claims that they don't even have a copy of Logic Pro 8 to test with these modules (huh?). Just wondered if anyone has any helpful info regarding this topic. I know what to do when I run into problems, but it would be nice if Mackie would update their firmware. Maybe Apple needs to do something as well.

musician, songwriter, arranger.

That the save light does not go off is caused by some new feature in LP; if you press the save button Logic saves a copy of your project in a folder in your project folder, like a backup. it does not save your project under its original name. So it can be seen as a restoration point. I had to get used to this, but actually it is quite convenient. When I work on a project, I sometimes want to go back a few steps, sometimes entirely to where I was when I opened the project, so I use the save button after every major change I made. If I am sure about my changes I use command s to save my project definitely.

It also seems that since Logic 8, the V-Pot buttons aren't working properly either.

Most of the on-screen alerts can't be cleared with the v-pots any longer, even though the indicator is there on the LCD. I say 'most', because I have had some response from some work correctly.

Also, sometimes, my channel 1 select button light is on, even though it should not be lit. Strange.

It also seems that since Logic 8, the V-Pot buttons aren't working properly either.

Most of the on-screen alerts can't be cleared with the v-pots any longer, even though the indicator is there on the LCD. I say 'most', because I have had some response from some work correctly..

I experience the same here with my yamaha 01x. The v-pots can not clear the overload message for example. Some dialogs, like the save dialog can be controlled from the v-pot.