How to get the Studder Vocal Effect

rsandifer

I was wondering around the PT website and stumbled on the short training videos they had to offer. One effect that really interested me was the studder vocal effect they got by using the sampler ( purchased extra ) in protools.

If anyone is familiar with that effect what would be the best method to pull that off with our beloved Logic.

Thanks for any help and info in advance.

You mean STUTTER, surely? Next guess was Studer, the analog multitrack tape machine company. Anyway....

You can make a voice stutter with the EXS24, multiple triggering of the same note. Or repeat a small region of audio, either by copying or looping it.

You sure as hell don't need Pro Tools to do that!

:lol:

yea....crap I actually typed it like I say it. This darn southern accent is kicking my butt ;)

I was kinda hoping to get the same effect they had in the video where the vocal was broken up but still played in full. another key would trigger the same sample. This new key strike would simply MUTE the current playing sample.

Your method will do this?