Easier way to add multiple parameter mappings to a control?

yarns

my use case is to control all melodic instruments with a transposer midi fx plugin so i can change the scale of each instrument at once.

I found answers from other questions  a while ago that use the smart controls of a summed track to map a control to each sub-track. which takes a long time with 6 instruments and 12 pitch classes 😮  and a dell usb mouse :shrug:

the midi environment also was suggested but i haven't got much experience in there so i have no idea what i'm doing. if anyone knows that the environment solutions easier then i'll definately take a look.

are there like config files for smart controls that we can edit or generate, or are they protected under the hood?

Could you please elaborate on your sought goal?

Do you wish to control 6 different virtual instrument plugins? I would guess so…

Are those all Logic’s plugins? Or 3rd party ones? Or a combination of both? Specifying which ones could also be useful

Are those 6 tracks to be on the same scale or different ones?

I would think that (at first glance) that the Smart Control approach would be easier to implement than the Environment one…

Smart Control mappings/settings could be customized and will be saved within a patch preset. Setting up (and saving) a patche in your situation would definitely be advisable as it would save you from reconfiguring everything every time…

• Like 1

Mapping the Scale pop-up menu from multiple Transposer MIDI FX plug-ins is easy using Smart Controls on the main track of a summing track stack. 

If you want to map each individual key switch from the keyboard on multiple Transposer MIDI FX it's just as easy bug takes 12 times longer to do as you'll need to map 12 controls for each Transposer plug-ins, so for example 36 mappings for 3 plug-ins. 

Routing this in the MIDI Environment is doable, but would work only during playback, not while Logic is stopped.

You basically need to route each channel strip containing a Transposer MIDI FX plug-in (note that MIDI FX plug-ins are not visible in the MIDI Environment) into the next one that also contains a Transposer plug-in, and the first one of those routing needs to go through a Delay Line object set to 1 tick for this to work. 

That groups all channel strip and plug-in parameters between those channel strips though so you'll want to insert Transformer objects in between the channel strips to filter out any data that isn't the one you want to group. 

To determine which data a key on the Transposer keyboard sends, cable a channel strip in a monitor and click a key. 

transpose.gif

• Like 2