How to delete unused bars at the end of a project? [solved] (I figured it out haha)

g_EVAN_c
Go to solution Solved by g_EVAN_c,

• Solution
Posted (edited)

So my project finishes around bar 180, but there are around 600+ unused bars at the end that have absolutely nothing on them. I have no hidden tracks, there are no regions out there, and the only reason it is now bothering me is because I'm trying to freeze some tracks but they're going to take a while  freezing all of the extra empty bars.

So I found that if you scroll to the last bar, in the ruler area at the top there is a type of end marker that you can drag across to the left to remove bars and to the right to add bars. So if you drag that to where your track ends it removes all the extra bars. 

Edited by g_EVAN_c
  • Like 1

• g_EVAN_c changed the title to How to delete unused bars at the end of a project? [solved] (I figured it out haha)

You got it all wrong. The reason it takes a while to freeze/bounce them is that you have a long reverb tail or other plugin that produces a long tail. Logic is a big empty canvas. You are telling Logic how much you are using of that canvas by setting a cycle range at the top. The rest is just a little bit of OCD.  No harm intended, just the truth. You are worrying about something that is not important at all. If you don't want that tail to be included in the bounce, just untick the option in the bounce dialogue. Cheers.

2 hours ago, Mania said:

The reason it takes a while to freeze/bounce them is that you have a long reverb tail or other plugin that produces a long tail. Logic is a big empty canvas. You are telling Logic how much you are using of that canvas by setting a cycle range at the top.

The cycle area does not affect how much of a track is frozen. The project end marker does, so moving the project end marker closer to the actual length of song does reduce the time it takes to freeze tracks.

...and the complete hierarchy of the Bounce range is this:

- if nothing is selected - Project Start to Project End

unless

- something is selected - Selection Start to Selection End

unless

- Cycle is active - Cycle Range

unless

- Bounce Range is changed in the Bounce dialog - Bounce Range

• Like 1