Input Assignment in MAC OS X (Mac Pro + MOTU 828s)

Hi Everyone!

I have a question for you all and Id really appreciate an answer as it is BUGGING the hell outta me! It is difficult to explain so BEAR WITH ME!

I have 2x MOTU 828MKII Firewire devices connected to a Mac Pro running Logic Pro 7.1

For some BIZARRRRRRE reason Logic has reassigned all of my software input channels to different ones than they used to be. In the audio->drivers part of the preferences I have an "Aggregate Device" which is the two MOTUs together. I want to be using purely the analog inputs (I dont use SPDIF or ADAT at all). How can I on the software level reassign the input channels to what I want them to be?

EG. Currently I have 1-2 as the Mic/Instr inputs on the FRONT of the 1st MOTU

THEN

3-10 as 1-8 Analog Inputs round the back

what I want is for my second Motus analog inputs to START (at the software level) from 11-18 in Logic. How do I assign these? ATM its like 26 or something ridiculous and I have a selection of 44 inputs in Logic? WTF?!!!!

The reason I want this is because in my studio the live room is routed through the wall via a wallbox into a Soundcraft Live mixing desk and it makes it SO much easier if all the inputs are assigned the same in Logic. Does this make sense? Many thanks for your time!

Tom

Archived