East West Plugin Crashing

mister_riz

Hi all,

I recently posted about the East West plugin with regards to setting it up as a multi-channel instrument. Thanks peeps for the help, that's no problem.

The reason we wanted to do that was because opening more than one instance of the East West plugin was crashing logic (pro 7). Well the thing is it's still crashing with an error message that gives no clue as to what the fault is, despite the fact I've created an environment which enables multiple voices opened from one instance of EW.

I've attached the .lso, if anyone can see and describe the problem I would be most grateful.

EW Crashing Problem.lso

I remember getting in touch with EastWest about a similar issue in the past and they told me setting up a different instance of Kompakt for each part is better than setting up one instance as a multi-channel.

They mentioned that Logic is a multi-threaded program and it works more efficiently this way. Don't ask me what that means exactly, but that was from the horse's mouth.

I know it seems counterintuitive, but it may help you.

Interesting, we assumed opening further instances was what was crashing the program in the first place, but with what you're saying together with the fact that it also crashes when only instance is open is making me wonder what the problem is at all. Regardless, the problem hasn't appeared when EastWest is not being used. It's just a shame because the college have paid £400 for it and it's unusable.

If only it had a proper error message, it just says 'unexpected error and must close'.

:(

Muses is correct. East West recommends different instances of an NI player rather than multis.

I have no experience with Logic 7, but regularly use multiple instances of EWQLSO Platinum Pro XP in Logic 8 with no difficulty. It's best to keep your sample library on a drive separate from your host program or OS. Maximizing RAM will also improve stability. Make sure that you've installed all of the updates applicable to the package you're using, and that you're using the most recent version of Service Center. NI is very picky about installation, and even a minor deviation can cause trouble. The error you describe doesn't really sound like an installation problem, though. Usually those are manifest as an inability to load samples.

If you've done all these things already, something may have become corrupted, in which case a reinstall will be necessary.