Logic 8 with dual 2.7 Ghz G5

reskolin

Hello.

Does anybody know about how amount of memory will affect on the beahavior of Logic 8 (or seven).

Example: I now have 2,5 Gb of memory (first bank (2x256Mb) 2nd bank (2x1Gb)) if I get 2gigs of more memory (total would be then 4.5 Gb)

Question: would it help the "stickyness" of Logic 8 (i.e. screen redraw etc.) or should I get the full oir 8 gigs or does it make so much difference afterall.

How about Logic 7 and it's performance? Although I'm quite pleased with it right now.

Is it worth it? With quick search I found the price of 2 x 1Gb upgrade kit around 250 dollars.

Thanks

r-

Logic 7 &8. DP 2.7 Ghz G5. Powercore Pci & firewire, UAD-1

Hello.

Does anybody know about how amount of memory will affect on the beahavior of Logic 8 (or seven).

Example: I now have 2,5 Gb of memory (first bank (2x256Mb) 2nd bank (2x1Gb)) if I get 2gigs of more memory (total would be then 4.5 Gb)

Question: would it help the "stickyness" of Logic 8 (i.e. screen redraw etc.) or should I get the full oir 8 gigs or does it make so much difference afterall.

How about Logic 7 and it's performance? Although I'm quite pleased with it right now.

Is it worth it? With quick search I found the price of 2 x 1Gb upgrade kit around 250 dollars.

Thanks

r-

Logic 7 &8. DP 2.7 Ghz G5. Powercore Pci & firewire, UAD-1

ket me explain something about previous verison of logic and logic 8.

most version of logic pre logic 8, all had pretty much the EXACT same GUI.

There was nothing fancy about the logic GUI. It was made this way for a purpose. To conserve CPU and or video card memory so you can run more plugings and would not crippled your mac.

After the logic 8 update, this is no more. Now instead of making music, you have to spend more money just so logic 8 runs like it did in logic 7.

your best bet is to go back to logic 7, it will run faster.

Archived