KeyCom... go to last play position....?

Eric Wikman

Why would the KeyCom... "go to last play position" act like this?

It works ok... until you punch in recording.

Then, when invoked... it will only return back to the punch in point... and not the play start point.

Why would the behavior change?

It would seem they should have it always go back to the last play start position.

That way for reviewing punch ins... or to quickly re-do the punch in... workflow is faster.

That's odd - I'm not experiencing this. I have cmd+space mapped to "Go To Last Play Position", and I use autopunch heavily. If I screw up, I hit spacebar to stop, cmd+z, cmd+space, then record. When I hit cmd+space, I am returned to the point before the punch-in point where I last started playback.

• 3 months later...

OK, I was recording over and over a small section with a vocalist, when It came to me to use the KeyComm... "Discard recording and return to last PLAY position".. to save time.

Nice, but this does the same thing as the regular "return to last PLAY position".

It will only discard the recording and return you to the "punch in point".

This is really not usefull like this, as I would ALWAYS need to actually go back to the play/roll point.

When would you ever want to go back to the punch in point and not the roll point with this feature?

I would want to even go to the roll point ... to review in context too, as well as try the take over & over. Each time I need the lead in.

I use the Punch on the Fly feature, and try to move very fast though the re-record takes like this, but this KC is LABELED wrong if this is how it is.

Or it's a BUG, and not programmed correctly.

Or, I'm doing something wrong.

That's odd - I'm not experiencing this. I have cmd+space mapped to "Go To Last Play Position", and I use autopunch heavily. If I screw up, I hit spacebar to stop, cmd+z, cmd+space, then record. When I hit cmd+space, I am returned to the point before the punch-in point where I last started playback.

BTW, maybe this is because you use AutoPunch?

I don't use that at all, and maybe the keycomm works this way since you don't actually activate punch in, like I do?