2 Mac´s with the same logic express?

juca

Read the agreement that pops-up when you launch the installer. If it's anything like the Logic Pro agreement, you can install Logic on two machines, one desktop and one laptop, and use one of them at a time.

Thanks. One thing I didn´t understand, I already have logic express on my iMac. When you say "launch the installer" I suppose it´s on the new machine, right?

And why use one at the time? that really confused me.

And why use one at the time? that really confused me.

It is because when you buy the software you are buying a license to use it one at a time. Now you can legally install the software on two machines, but you are not allowed to USE it on both machines at the same time. An example of where this is useful is you could produce tracks on your laptop (while you are on the road, for example), then finish them at your home studio on your desktop. Most DAW software agreements read like this.

If you want to use two copies of Logic at the same time on two different computers, you legally need to buy two copies.

I must have done something wrong too! Logic 8 will not let me run my laptop and tower at the same time. I have also had some probs saving files/projects. Logic sometimes tells me can not save file as "....." Sucks, everything I had done to that point in the arrangement is gone.

Meoff

Logic 8 will not let me run my laptop and tower at the same time.

That's normal, that's what the agreement is saying.

As for your files not saving, that's most probably an entirely unrelated problem. I'm not sure why you'd have that problem, but if you keep getting it I would start a new thread describing your problem more in detail.