KC to toggle catch?

emilenitrate

Is there a keystroke command or a way to assign one to toggle the catch back on? It is a royal pain in the posterior to have to move the mouse to that little walking man and turn him blue over and over again. Turns me blue. I looked in the KC window and can't find anything. Thanks. - Emile

It's " ` ".

OK unless you have a big magnifier that's not going to be really helpful, so ... it's the key at the top left of your keyboard, right below the "esc" key.

Why are you always turning it back on? It should turn itself on automatically when positioning the playhead or starting playback, right? Otherwise make sure you have those preferences set that way in Global > Catch. But if it's because you voluntarily turn it off and want to turn it back on, then .. well there you go. BTW the key command is called "Catch Clock Position".

Thanks guys! Actually it was set to V in my KC's so I set it to ` which is easier to find fast. Why did I need it? Everytime I grab the capsule shaped thing in the bottom of the arrange window to look at a different part of the song while it's in play (and I must be doing that a lot) I end up disabling the catch-thang. Then I have to move the mouse up to the tiny man walking icon and turn it blue again to see where I'm at. Hard to find with my bad eyes and a 17" screen. If I stopped the music and re-clicked in to start it wouldn't be a problem as my global catch pref is set correctly but I seem to want to look around and then come back to the current display frequently. I can't recall what that capsule shaped graber thing is called in Apple-speak. The slide-u-lator, perhaps. Thanks. Next. - Emile

Scroll bar, yeah, that's it. It escaped me after three glasses of wine and 30 takes on an organ part that still doesn't work. Feel free to use slide-u-lator if you wish. Or the Johnson rod or Watson handle, for that matter. These terms are still better than piano roll and inspector. If we're going to dumb things down let's really dumb them down. I say we start by getting rid of the b in dumb. You don't spell dummy, "dumby". Thanks for the posts. - Emile

And looking at the post about using a laptop trackpad, I actually use the scroll ball on the mighty mouse (a name I don't object to as it is indeed a clever double entendre on the cartoon character) to cruise around the arrange window. Nonetheless, it halts the catch and I needed a quick one key way to reset it. I like to use the scroll-u-lator to zoom in and out, though. It's easier to grab than the actual zoomaton and more accurate than holding down the optionizer and scrolling with the mouse ballitoid simultaneously. - Emile

Archived