new forumite;new to LOGIC;new to MAC; and a bit dumb. HELP!!

gschmitt

hehehe. hey, all.

the title says it all; i've been writing songs forever and i recorded myself a disk in a top-notch protools facility. before that, though, i was recording mediocre-at-best home projects with a PC and Cubase SX1. i was happy. but then, i went into the mac studio for my 'real' disk and have since been blown away with the whole 'mac/recording' idea.

fast-forward to now: here i sit with my pretty, silver macbookpro and logic studio and about all i can get to work properly is photobooth. (that "stretch" thing is fuckin' hilarious though!...good times)

can you guys suggest anything to make the learning curve a bit less steep? honestly, the mac platform is easy to use, so i'm not really having too many problems with the computer, but LOGIC is killing me! ...and before someone suggests it, i'm DROOLING over the fact that you lucky californians have courses you can take nearby...i'm in puerto rico....NOT nearby. i'm a musician, so i'm poor and traveling's not an option...i already dumped my money on a new computer! :lol:

i should mention: i went ahead and ordered myself the apple pro training series for LOGIC, but it's christmastime and i'm not getting them before january. is there anywhere online that offers like a quick-start for idiots thing? i can't even edit my recorded tracks. cubase had a scissor and a little pointer....easy. how do i cut a pice of a track in the arrange window? where's my freakin' scissor?! lol. i know..i have to stop thinking how i'd do it in cubase and start thinking how logic does it, but like i said: any help would be GREATLY appreciated, guys.

and pleased to meet you.

g

These guys will get you off the ground (I'd recommend one of the bundles... much less expensive). You can check out some samples of their training as well on the same site.

http://www.macprovideo.com/browse/logic

Plenty there to keep you occupied over Christmas.

Welcome aboard, by the way. :D

someone just sent me a link to that...i promptly cancelled my order with amazon for the books. :) thank you, man. i'm going to get into that ASAP. i'll return back to give feedback.

peace,

g

Yeah, Logic can be overwhelming esp. in the beginning. MacPro videos are great. Also you could google Logic 8 or Logic Studio & see if there are any more freetutorials online. Some are ridiculously incompetent & good for a laugh, but some are really good. Youtube has a bunch of nice Logic tutorials by sflogicninja.

To see your toolbox, just hit escape & you will see your beloved scissors & other tools as well.

Read the Getting Started manual & keep hanging out here. This is one of the best forums on the web--more helpful information, minus any "attitude."

Yeah, Logic can be overwhelming esp. in the beginning. MacPro videos are great. Also you could google Logic 8 or Logic Studio & see if there are any more freetutorials online. Some are ridiculously incompetent & good for a laugh, but some are really good. Youtube has a bunch of nice Logic tutorials by sflogicninja.

To see your toolbox, just hit escape & you will see your beloved scissors & other tools as well.

Read the Getting Started manual & keep hanging out here. This is one of the best forums on the web--more helpful information, minus any "attitude."

hehehe. thnx, bro! i very much appreciate it. i already started dowloading the LOGIC package from the macprovideo site. :) .....and this definitely seems like a good place to be posting my concerns in!

peace,

g