macbook and MOTU?

Hey I am having nothing but trouble with my new macbook (which apparently uses the Agere Firewire chipset) and my Presonus Firestudio project. I'm thinking of trying out a MOTU 828 mkII and wondering if anyone could tell me their experience. I have been told that I'm going to have trouble finding an interface that will work with the firewire card that's built in. It's a Macbook 2.2 GHz that I picked up early November '07. Any info or suggestions would be awesome. Thanks!

Nick

Hey I am having nothing but trouble with my new macbook (which apparently uses the Agere Firewire chipset) and my Presonus Firestudio project. I'm thinking of trying out a MOTU 828 mkII and wondering if anyone could tell me their experience. I have been told that I'm going to have trouble finding an interface that will work with the firewire card that's built in. It's a Macbook 2.2 GHz that I picked up early November '07. Any info or suggestions would be awesome. Thanks!

Nick

I am using the MOTU Traveler with a White MacBook 2.2 it works great no problems at all. I used it to record a 4 hour show the other day and it was perfect no problems

CYA

Archived