logic 7 crashes while using apple loops

now

does anyone know why my logic 7 crashes while using apple loops? logic is pretty stable but playing apple loops in the arrange window while previewing other loops causes logic to quit. any help appreciated. david

does anyone know why my logic 7 crashes while using apple loops? logic is pretty stable but playing apple loops in the arrange window while previewing other loops causes logic to quit. any help appreciated. david

Are you running Logic native/coreaudio or DAE/DTDM?

Please give some details about the hardware in use and software/os versions.

Are you running Logic native/coreaudio or DAE/DTDM?

Please give some details about the hardware in use and software/os versions.

Now, you'll have to answer mactechla's question to further troubleshoot this issue. Give us as many details as you can pertaining to your system and the conditions in which the trouble occur!

I am running a dual 1.8 G5 w/2 gigs of ram. motu mk2 828 interface. logic 7.0.1 ............ logic only crashes when using apple loops. after dragging and while playing loops into the arrrange window, I preview other loops to be droped in...and after about 4-5 loops...logic quits

It's hard to tell without being in front of the machine. . . have you installed new software recently?

Try repairing permissions (Applications>Utilities>Disk Utility , select your System drive and click on "repair permissions").

Also, have you moved things around at all in the finder? Things like Logic, or any of its folders?

I have installed new software. reason 3.0; live 3.0 ; traktor studio 2 . I have repaired disk permissions and have moved things around. logic6 files have been moved into project folders.

If you can, try to move everything back to its original place, repair disk permissions and try again. I would at least leave everything pertaining to Logic Pro 7 in its original installation place for now (application, libraries, application support files, presets, samples, instruments, loops...).

Worth case scenario you can always re-install everything and it will work for sure. Only you have to back up everything real well and make sure you have all your install disk and authorizations for all your softs to re-install them without too much headaches.

• 1 month later...

Archived