UAD-1 intrigued, but I need an opinion

I want o get one of these cards, for their NEVE emulation.

HOw many instances of these pluggs can you actually open with one card? Do they really sound as exquisite as people say? If I do a bunch of track freezing,will the frozen tracks still respond to sidechain-modulation? I have found that they don't.

If I have aneve open on a track, then a sidechain dependant comressor after, and I freexe, will the freeze reflect the sidechain I provided upon freezing?

Also, I really only want the NEVE, but it looks like I will have to pick from a few other plugs too, can anyone give their thoughts on which plug ins bundled are actually worth it?

Thanks

MR

I want o get one of these cards, for their NEVE emulation.

HOw many instances of these pluggs can you actually open with one card?

If you're referring to the Neve 33609, the answer is one. It's a monster and will use about 75% of one cards resources.

Do they really sound as exquisite as people say?

It's specialized as it's really a bus compressor/limiter. Doesn't mean you can't use it on a track. Since getting it I've used it alot and it does sound great.

Also, I really only want the NEVE, but it looks like I will have to pick from a few other plugs too,

You poor thing.

can anyone give their thoughts on which plug ins bundled are actually worth it?

I wouldn't want to live without the Precision Mastering Suite, Neve bundle, Fairchild, Pultec and Cambridge. But, your tastes may be different. The nice thing about UAD is you're not forced to buy bundles and they often run specials for existing customers. At one point this year I had amassed about $300 in credit at their online store just from promotions.

Can't advise on the freeze issue as I never freeze anything. However, any limitations that could crop up could be handled by recording from a bus.

I never freeze either, frankly I have never sen the point of it, when you can bounce... but I had a feeling those Neve pluggies would be a huge drain. I have a bunch of convolutions right now of API, Neve, SSL you name it, some sound ok some don't. I have a million 'special effects' but I just want a nice suite of channel plugs, and this seems like it might be the way to go.

the UAD 1 sounds great!!!!

The Precision series is f***ing amazing IMO!

Love the Fairchild, although no 2 sound the same in real life, who cares, the UAD version is NICE!!!

The Neve modeling is the official "Neve endorsed" algorithms developed in collaboration with the guys from Neve (so to speak).

Only wish you could run more of these plug-in per card. you really get addicted and spoiled ... but alas Logic has many many great plug-ins that sounds fabulous.