Mad latency with Addictive Drums

Peter Project

I recently got Addictive Drums. They sound fantastic, and are super easy to use, however I get crazy recording latency with them. When you play them with a reasonable buffer it's fine. And when I overdub other Instrument tracks such as the EVB3 it's fine. But as soon as I overdub actual audio, I get a offset in the waveform. It's just as if I'd been recording with a pile of plugins on my master bus. This is a huge problem considering most of my composing starts with drums!

Any ideas? I've tried tacking with PDC on and off and it's bad either way.

Thanks!

It's weird.

I was running Logic today, and it was fine.

I THINK I might be on to something though.

It MIGHT have something to do with loading a multi channel instance, where the outputs are assigned to Auxes. I'm not sure though. I have to figure it out. It's weird. Sometimes it's an issue and sometimes it isn't. I haven't found the pattern though...

I have spoken to tech support on the web forum, and they think it has something to do with logic being buggy. I'm running 7.2

• 4 weeks later...
So now I'm not sure if it has anything to do with Addictive Drums at all. I'm finding this is happening in all my sessions, even if I don't have AD Loaded! I've looked throughout my environment for any lookahead compressors or what have you no no avail. Man, I'm stumped! The weird thing is it just happened one day. Though it was around the time I installed AD. I don't know that that has anything to do with it... :cry: :cry: :cry:

• 2 weeks later...

Archived