Best way to do this vamp???

Ivan

This is just a general question,

I have this song where the hook (R&B) hangs over the first outro bar for about a beat where the singer is basically singing in to the next bar over the final outro. Lining them up to where one ends and one begins side by side is impossible since the tracks hang over the bar, yet the outro needs to start exactly at that downbeat.

Is there a way to set these specific tracks up to where Logic reads overlapped regions and plays both what is on the bottom and what is over the top at the same time? The way I have Logic now, If you overlap a region whatever is on top plays and it ignores what is on the bottom. Is the a quick fix for these regions or tracks where I can set them up to play both regions at the same time. If not I have to set the rest of the vamp on different tracks and that means all of the automation I just did on the origional regions I have to copy over to the new tracks/regions as well. I want to keep the Vamp all on the same tracks.

Thanks,

Ivan

Ivan,

You posted your own solution! Copying is easy, yes? And if you want to, you can group those "duplicate" tracks so that automation done on one will be written to them all. Or, you could send them to their own Bus or their own Output and automate that to control the volume of all of them.

Thanks,

it's just that if you have 15 tracks on a hook/vamp it is irritating to have to "waste" 15 more tracks for the same vamp just because a few of those tracks overlap each other. I know how to copy automation to region and all that jazz, but I know some DAW's play audio underneath unpurposely so I thought I could have set up my tracks to play both regions in Logic, but alas you guys say I just have to drag those tracks to more tracks just because they overlap. Ah well.