Apple Loops Utility

dazzgriff

I have just bought some apple loops recently & my friend told me I can make them myself with my own drum loops so i can use them in logic & possibly Native Instruments Battery 3(if i purchase it). Was just wondering how you are supposed to slice your samples (Like propellerheads recycle) so they can be adjusted to any tempo with in LP8 etc. So far i have booted up the app & loaded a sample loop but the 'save' button is shaded out.

Cheers, just selected 'looping' and entered the number of beats the drum loop is. Put the sensitivity level up full and saved it, draged the loop into logic and in adjusted the tempo but it wasnt very tight. Is there a special way to do it so the loops sound spot on like Apple's own AMG loops?

Basically i want all my drum & bass drum loops to adjust to the tempo of my tracks, also i am planning on getting battery 3 which lets u load up apple loops etc in the cell so you can have some fun producing drums. I have had the manual out but there is not much on the apple loops utility :cry:

Basically i want all my drum & bass drum loops to adjust to the tempo of my tracks, also i am planning on getting battery 3 which lets u load up apple loops etc in the cell so you can have some fun producing drums. I have had the manual out but there is not much on the apple loops utility :cry:

Basic stuff really if you are dealing with a phrase set the slices for 1/8th or 1/4 notes. If you are slicing for drum loops then you should set for a finer resolution of 1/16th notes. Most slicers work the same way be it Live, Recycle, elastic time or Apple loops.

Rule one note per slice is paramount. And remember to adjust the slices themselves so that they line up at zero crossing in the wave cycle so there are no clicks and pops in your loops.

Cheers for that mate, i'll have a fiddle in the week, so you reckon adjust the markers manually so they are dead on the beat?

Thanks again

No problem all slicers need to be adjusted time to time. Just stick to the one note one slice rule depending on the material.

Peace out.

Another thing too in Logic 8 you can make software apple loops sweet then you can change the sounds and effects.

That is the greatest thing about Logic 8 over Logic 7.2.1 lovin it.

Cheers for that mate, i'll have a fiddle in the week, so you reckon adjust the markers manually so they are dead on the beat?

Thanks again

Another thing too in Logic 8 you can make software apple loops sweet then you can change the sounds and effects.

Auditioning might give different results.

http://www.logicprohelp.com/viewtopic.php?t=18286

Thanks again

Auditioning might give different results.

http://www.logicprohelp.com/viewtopic.php?t=18286

I read your post so your record an actual midi file first or an audio file into logic that would make a big difference. If you just recorded an midi pattern assigned to a software instrument track then midi would free you from tempo changes as midi timing is freely changed along with tempo the green apple loops.

However if you record an audio file first it you will have some difficulties as the audio has the timing record in the file. An audio file cannot go slower than the original tempo it was recorded at without the tails running into eack other. These are the blue apple loops. If you slicer the loop finer you can play the loop slow but you run the risk of cutting a note in half. This is when you would have to do actual timestretching and the add articfals too your file. No go.

Basically if you want a great Green APPLE LOOPS aka software apple loops have the drum controller play onto a software instrument track with the bfd assigned to that track, assign all the effects you want on the inserts, then go to regions parameters in your arrange page (not the APPLE LOOPS Utility as this is for audio material conversion only) under region parameter you should see a new listing to change to software instrument. Once the conversion is done open another software intsrument track now open apple loops find your green loop and it should work nicely. Good luck.

I'm not sure you.. or I.. understand.

I did record the drummer as midi, with EZdrummer. Not Audio file.

I did in fact make these all Green Apple loops. Midi.... region.. add to Apple Loops Browser.

However these types of green loops are internally... both audio & midi files.

1. If you drag green loops from the Loop Browser... to an Audio Track.. you will get the original sound.. bounced to an audio file.

2. If you drag green loops from the Loop browser... to an open instrument Track.. you will get the original sound, as a midi region with the orignial EZdrummer plug-in. Change it all will.

3. If you drag green loops from the Loop Browser... to an

Midi Track.. you can set up that midi region/loop to play whatever you'd like.

I was commenting on the fact that when you audition that same Green Apple Loop from the browser... it seems to playback the audio file part of all this, as opposed to a more flexible midi loop. Because I created the loop at 100 & 123, and then slowed down the arragement to about 75 (just to test things)..., and it played back as a slowed down audio file does... and this is playing from the Loop Browser.. as a Green Loop.

Just a curious note to how the behavior is.

BTW, I've made about 5000 Audio (Blue Loops) out of my old sessions ...Rhodes, Wurly, sax, Bass Etc..for my own Apple Loops Library.

Now I've been working on some cool Green ones. :)

I did in fact make these all Green Apple loops. Midi.... region.. add to Apple Loops Browser.

1. If you drag green loops from the Loop Browser... to an Audio Track.. you will get the original sound.. bounced to an audio file.

2. If you drag green loops from the Loop browser... to an open instrument Track.. you will get the original sound, as a midi region with the orignial EZdrummer plug-in. Change it all will.

I was commenting on the fact that when you audition that same Green Apple Loop from the browser... it seems to playback the audio file part of all this, as opposed to a more flexible midi loop. Because I created the loop at 100 & 123, and then slowed down the arragement to about 75 (just to test things)..., and it played back as a slowed down audio file does... and this is playing from the Loop Browser.. as a Green Loop.

BTW, I've made about 5000 Audio (Blue Loops) out of my old sessions ...Rhodes, Wurly, sax, Bass Etc..for my own Apple Loops Library.

Ok I get you now concerning the Apple Loop Utility auditioning. However like you say I think that once you have it in the sequence not the utility you can change it whatever tempo you want. Yeah the Green ones are really nice for keeping everything inside the box at I work alot with software instrument but sequence with drum machines and audio groove templates converted into midi.

It is cool that you can play alot of instruments and work with alot of musicians and flip the sessions into Apple loops great. Groove templates works a little with changing those performances into midi and creating green loops. Bang on player peace thanks for the head up on the apple utility.

• 9 months later...
Cheers, just selected 'looping' and entered the number of beats the drum loop is. Put the sensitivity level up full and saved it, draged the loop into logic and in adjusted the tempo but it wasnt very tight. Is there a special way to do it so the loops sound spot on like Apple's own AMG loops?

pHATmatik PRO is the best Slicer for me

In fact, after starting this topic ages ago I now use FXpansion's GURU rather than apple loops utility for beats, the reason why i wanted to create apple loops was for battery 3 which i dont even touch much after purchasing GURU

Spot on for slicing and manipulating!

Thanks for all the support tho

Well recommended :D

I was commenting on the fact that when you audition that same Green Apple Loop from the browser... it seems to playback the audio file part of all this)

That's correct, it does. And that's to be expected. Would you want the Loop Browser to somehow load the software instrument on some kind of "behind the scenes" software instrument channel strip, load all the plug-ins, and trigger a MIDI file routed to that channel strip, every time you want to preview ONE green apple loop? IMO that would defeat the purpose of the loop browser: to instantly preview apple loops.

To me that's one of the huge advantages of green apple loops: while they can be used as MIDI regions triggering software instruments, through the loop browser you get to preview a little audio file of what they sound like without having to wait for the whole channel strip setting to load. It's the fastest way to preview software instrument channel strip settings.

• 1 month later...

Ok I get you now concerning the Apple Loop Utility auditioning. However like you say I think that once you have it in the sequence not the utility you can change it whatever tempo you want. Yeah the Green ones are really nice for keeping everything inside the box at I work alot with software instrument but sequence with drum machines and audio groove templates converted into midi.

It is cool that you can play alot of instruments and work with alot of musicians and flip the sessions into Apple loops great. Groove templates works a little with changing those performances into midi and creating green loops. Bang on player peace thanks for the head up on the apple utility.

Can you explain me how i can create my own Software Apple Loops (Green) with some Sounds for example???

Thank's :?: