All I Want For Christmas Is My Logic 8 Update

sonicdefault

(insert Gregorian Chant soundtrack here)

Oh Logic Lord, I beseech thee and most humbly asketh of your most worthy servant St. Nicholas to bestow upon us a Logic 8 update. Thy bugs, though divine, appeareth as a great pestilence upon the land. Yeah, though thy bugs teacheth us verily to learn both of Logic's "way!" ways as it does its wayword ways (the latter being, of course, divine), a slightly less wayword workflow would work wonders when we work the wonders we work working with wonderous Logic 8. Yes, how wonderous! Being all-knowing as you are it goes without sayingeth that this humblest of requests is made in the spirit of wanting David's website to consisteth more of praises and useful user tips than pointless palavers, petty protestations, painful plights and pesky predicaments. And while I'm alliterating with the letter P, if it's not too much to ask, please smiteth all those who start Logic v. ProTools debates on this and all forums.

So in closing, Lord L. (you don't mind if I call you Lord L., do you?) we asketh of you the most miniscule of favors from your deliverer of peace and goodwill, St. Nicholas (or Hanukah Harry, if Nick is too busy) to bless us with the gift of an L8 update. And now that I think of it, we're already into Hanukah, so why not give us Jewish kids first crack at the update, eh? Let the goyim wait!

will i ever grow up ? :roll: :lol: :roll: :lol:

won't go into too much detail, but none of the first words that i wanted to translate were found....

what !!!...jews don't swear, already ????

this can't be true...my nana used to swear in yiddish all the time, or at least it sounded like it :lol:

teamwork, I <3 U 2 :wink:

DK, I though your avatar looked Jewish!

edubz, it only took me a whole day to figure it out, but I finally got the :lol: from your post.

And man, oh man does L8 need an update BAAAAAAAD. I found at least a dozen more bugs working on one 5-minute project, not including the fact that L7 files don't import very nicely...

So, youz guyz in Cupertino and Germany, whaddya say, eh?

And man, oh man does L8 need an update BAAAAAAAD. I found at least a dozen more bugs working on one 5-minute project, not including the fact that L7 files don't import very nicely..

I knew about the L7 issues..what else have you found???

Oh, lots and lots.... Here's one. Ask yourself, "what's wrong with this picture?"

http://www.score2picture.com/logicpix/qautomation.jpg

And man, oh man does L8 need an update BAAAAAAAD. I found at least a dozen more bugs working on one 5-minute project, not including the fact that L7 files don't import very nicely..

I knew about the L7 issues..what else have you found???

Oh, lots and lots.... Here's one. Ask yourself, "what's wrong with this picture?"

http://www.score2picture.com/logicpix/qautomation.jpg

Are you using a control surface? Are those controller assignment 'issues'?

I read somewhere in passing that there were serious issues with some control surfaces being supported...

Hi Marcel,

Nope, not using a controller (that's on my holiday wish-list!). I automate using one of three methods only:

1. with the mouse

2. using a CC7 slider on my keyboard which I record as region automation and then convert to track automation

3. manually, drawing nodes.

I gotta wonder if we're all currently facing the sharp end of dealing with a major computer company rather than an audio specific manufacturer.

Emagic, Steinberg, Digidesign, MOTU, etc... Their DAW offerings were and are the flagships of their respective product lines. Up until L8, Logic was basically a product of this focus, being essentially an Emagic application.

Where does Apple's focus lie? I'd bet money that most of their resources right now are dedicated to the implementation and refinement of Leopard, which every one of their computers will eventually be running. Bringing all of their collective applications into line, not to mention any third-party support, is probably a pretty major task.

Logic may remain in the 'beta' stage for a while yet...