Different studios same iMac

mojamusic

I have to haul my mac from work to home. I use a 2 different interfaces. Each time I start up Logic it prompts me that the previous audio device is not found. So it defaults to the "built in" audio driver.

Is there a way to have Logic automatically select the firewire device that's connected?

As long as I don't swap, it fine. I can turn the interface off and on again without issues.The prompt only occurs when I switch interfaces.

It's not that big a problem, but the prompt says "previously selected interface unavailable." Then I have to change it manually in audio preferences.

I was looking for a way to get Logic to default to the connected device and not the built in audio.

Logic's message is accurate if you've removed the interface to which it was previously connected. The app has no way of knowing which device you want to use until you tell it, so it uses its programmed defaults. AFAIK, Logic's default settings are not user-adjustable, so you'll have to select a new interface whenever the previous one is missing. If it's annoying enough, you could probably write an AppleScript that would avoid your having to execute the actions individually each time. Can't think of another way.

Archived