CPU meters in RED even after Freezing tracks.

adi26

So, now I am unable to figure out why, even after freezing so many tracks, my CPU meter goes into the red. What other reasons can explain this ?

In the song essentially, when the drum part begins to play following a breakdown, all of a sudden CPU capacities hit rock high and cause my speakers to bring out the annoying "tearing apart" sound. If I let the song still thru, then I usually get the message that MIDI synchronization error has occurred. Whats weird is that this doesnt even happen everytime.

Is it because the drum parts and the bass parts collide with each other? The one is that my lead part is very prominent ad the gaps between the every note on my lead is extremely less because I wanted that fast rhythm. Is it because there are way too many notes? How could I help that....thats just how my song is...Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks guys.

Which tracks have you frozen?

If you're not freezing the software instrument tracks that are coming in at that point, none of the freezing is doing you any good.

hmm...Interesting. I did what you said and realized that some of the instuments that are heavily being used are indeed not frozen. Freezing them did make it a bit better, yes. I am still having issues though. Now the sound does not tear anymore but the CPU meter is still going in red. Thanks anyways though Matt.

This is getting old fast - it's really time for a basic, functional update of Logic 8.

What I said on the other thread where you posted this same thing. Again, I'm not having these particular errors. Which makes me think, sadly, that a "basic, functional update of Logic 8" wouldn't actually solve these problems. :(

But which also means, much more positively, to our OP here and there, that both are likely fixable with some digging and hopefully help from our friends on this forum. :)