apple remote not working? other options?

Darwin James

Logic Studio, brand new Macbook Pro, Leopard...... remote isnt working in Logic. Is this a bug? False advertising? Or is something hidden not set up? One big reason I chose Logic over Protools was because I self-record and saw the remote control feature. Are people using the remote with a similar setup? Is there a patch on the horizon? Any other options?

Logic Studio, brand new Macbook Pro, Leopard...... remote isnt working in Logic. Is this a bug? False advertising? Or is something hidden not set up? One big reason I chose Logic over Protools was because I self-record and saw the remote control feature. Are people using the remote with a similar setup? Is there a patch on the horizon? Any other options?

I'm not sure what the issue is. It works great in Logic Studio, on a MacBook Pro, with Tiger (10.4.11).

Does your remote work for other things, like FrontRow?

Yes. Works fine everywhere else. Of course. :|

Yes. Works fine everywhere else. Of course. :|

Then it sounds like Leopard might be rearing its ugly head yet again. :(

Are you on 10.5.0 or 10.5.1?

Some people have been reporting that the first version of Leopard actually worked better with Logic 8 than this new update. And it sounds like Leopard in general has been playing a lot less nice with Logic 8 than Tiger has so far.

Archived