Sounds and instruments missing..

UMA

I installed Logic and a lot of sounds and instruments from jam pack and garageband are missing.. Is there some way I can install them without reinstalling the whole program? The computer does not seem to accept a jam pack content cd that already is installed (in my case with missing elements..)

Thanks.

I'm running into this now! Apparantly, Jam Pac 2 and 3 (Remix Tools/Rhythm Section) doesn't seem to want to install on my sytem, and the option to install its Apple Loops is Greyed Out???? wtf???

I checked to see if there was any existing .pkg files (see picture) as well as anything listed in the Apple Loops folder.

I've trashed prefs, deleted/rebuilt the Apple Loops index...I'm at a loss.

David? Anyone? how do I get the other two sets of Apple Loops to install???

FYI..I discoved this when doing the first lesson in Davids new book. The 'Trip Hop 70's Room Beat didn't show up, and a subsequent search of my entire system showed me that it was non-existant.....

uhm..help?

96951169_Picture3.png.ae1b0365e1e7a3465d901e4a364bcf5a.png

931115439_Picture2.png.05b1bea00970d5224134dbc2734a7264.png

901239417_Picture1.png.7fad8dbb5001acc60cd89a3ef33b8ffe.png

ding ding ding. we have a winner :) I did indeed have the previous Jam Packs installed. I made the mistake of assuming that the new installer would have recognized those old Jam Pack receipts and overwritten them or changed them somehow..

for those of us that ain't THAT OS Savy...here's a photo or two (and yes, the file referenced in Davids book is now installed properly).

I didn't see this at first, because I was searching the Receipts folder for 'Jam Pack", NOT the actual NAME of the Jam Pack (Remix/ Rhythm Tools, etc..) Apple's naming conventions leave a lot to be desired. For example..Jam Pack 1 is STILL called JAM PACK 1!!! but..all the rest have the 'product' name....

sheesh.

:)

I didn't see this at first, because I was searching the Receipts folder for 'Jam Pack", NOT the actual NAME of the Jam Pack (Remix/ Rhythm Tools, etc..) Apple's naming conventions leave a lot to be desired. For example..Jam Pack 1 is STILL called JAM PACK 1!!! but..all the rest have the 'product' name....

sheesh.

:)

I just have to agree with you on this point!

And things even get worse. The Jam Pack 1 is actually the same as Apple Loops for Garageband???

Eric..I just gave up trying to figure out the difference between the Garage Band Apple Loops, the Soundtrack Pro Apple Loops,, and the Logic ones. It's pretty safe to assume I've got some duplication..but I've got a big enough hard drive, I ain't worried about a gig or two of extra files. At least they all live in ONE main Apple Loops folder that makes it easy to rebuild the Index file by drag/drop.

LOL Cloggy :)

Ok.David..THAT's just weird,.

Well - Ex: If I want to use acoustic drum sounds I search for them in different jam packs and garageband instrument selections. All I get is "seventies kit"! If I want a jazz bass I can't choose like before. There's only one jazz bass to select. If I want a shaker loop - the one I used on previous songs - it's gone and so are many other sounds and loops... The question still is; how do I reinstall all content without uninstalling or are the files somewhere to be found or to be activated in some way? drag and drop? Won't you please please help me?

David:

1) Open Garageband.

2) Find a grayed out Apple Loop.

3) Double-click it.

4) Quit Garageband and download the update as prompted.

? It doesn't get me anywhere, I'm afraid. Nothing mentioned in this thread makes sense to me. I have an external harddisc. I see that I have lot's of jampack material on this one. For instance "Jazz Kit" exs. Let's say this is the kit I'm looking for, how do I put it into logic? Is it because I installed instruments and loops into the external disc I'm getting these errors? Ok - still happy if someone can help...