Logic Experts - question about post-Strip Silence editing.

Dubnick

Hey guys and gals - hoping someone has an answer for this! The other day I decided to to use strip silence to better isolate the hits I wanted to replace. Anyhow, I did strip silence and was going through the track, finding spots where there where ghost strokes that were stripped by accident. It was going pretty well, but I had noticed a couple spots where I had moved region start back to capture one ghost-16th-note prior to the region's start when I should have moved the region back to include two ghost-16th-notes prior to the region's start. Anyhow, when I go to make this sort of adjustment, clicking the bottom left corner of the region, the region's start jumps to the original spot where strip silence function split it (there's a thin white line that marks the spot). It's not major, major problem, but it's a pain in the ass after a while. Is there some sort of Key Command to make this not happen? Edited by Dubnick

Not sure what the user ratio is in this forum.

Perhaps your response rate would improve at the Drumagog forum.

http://www.drumagog.com/phpbb2/viewforum.php?f=5&sid=1f57a595d5a8005b794656a1540a5648

Worth a chance. :wink:

Gotta read beyond the first couple lines my friend - my question is about strip silence and the arrange window, not drumagog - I was merely explaining how stumbled on the issue. Thanks for offering, uh, well, thanks for responding. Anyone wanna take a shot at the issue?

Dubnick I feel your pain with drumagog. It's an amazing plugin 80% of the time. Are you eqing or compressor your snare track before drumagog? I've also used Logic's enveloper plugin to help get a more consistent trigger.

People - PLEASE READ THE ACTUAL POST - my question is not about Drumagog - not even a little bit. This is really weird - it's as if no one reads past the first couple lines. My question is about editing regions after applying strip silence. I think I might take any reference to Drumagog out - I'm surprised that people are so quick to respond without reading the post - I'm sure everyone is guilty of this now and again, but wow.

I changed the subject line and content of my post to hopefully clarify my question. Please do not refer my to the Drumagog forums or bitch about Drumagog here - I am asking for help with Strip Silence - NOT DRUMAGOG. PS - I know the use of all caps is annoying, but necessary in this case. Thank you.

Have you tried unchecking the "search zero crossings" in the Audio menu? Not sure it's that, but give it a try.

Tried that - but thank for suggesting something potentially helpful and having nothing to do with Drumagog - hahaha. I'm thinking it has something to do with the anchor point - my assumption is that the thin white line in the arrange window that it jumps back to before making any adjustment is the anchor point. I'm gonna try moving that back instead of the region's start and see if that helps. It's not that I can't move the start of the region back before the anchor point/white line thing - it's that, if I move the start of the region back once, and then go to adjust it again later, the start of the region will jump back to the anchor/white line/original-post-strip-silence-starting position as a starting point, so I have to drag the beginning of the region further than expected. Can't tell if this is a bug or just poor design. I thought maybe if it was the latter, there might by a certain key you could hold down while adjusting the left side of a region to avoid it snapping back to the anchor point/white line/original-post-strip-silence starting point. If anyone else can chime in, the help is appreciated.

I believe I checked that, but I'll check again - I don't believe it does. Like I said, it doesn't effect the end result of where I move the start of the region to, it's that, once I've moved the start of the region once, if I go back to make further adjustments, it snaps back so I'm adjusting from the original start point as opposed to the last point of adjustment. BTW - I'm using Logic 8 with 10.4.9 on a Dual 2.0 G5 w/2.5GB of memory if that matters. Oh - almost forgot - thank you for your response! Edited by Dubnick

Not sure what the user ratio is in this forum.

Perhaps your response rate would improve at the Drumagog forum.

http://www.drumagog.com/phpbb2/viewforum.php?f=5&sid=1f57a595d5a8005b794656a1540a5648

Worth a chance. :wink:

Gotta read beyond the first couple lines my friend - my question is about strip silence and the arrange window, not drumagog - I was merely explaining how stumbled on the issue. Thanks for offering, uh, well, thanks for responding. Anyone wanna take a shot at the issue?

People - PLEASE READ THE ACTUAL POST - my question is not about Drumagog - not even a little bit. This is really weird - it's as if no one reads past the first couple lines. My question is about editing regions after applying strip silence. I think I might take any reference to Drumagog out - I'm surprised that people are so quick to respond without reading the post - I'm sure everyone is guilty of this now and again, but wow.

I will be nice...

I DID read your entire post. WE all read your entire post. Although YOU may understand what it is you are trying to explain, that does not mean the readers understand the explanation.

The problem is not with US trying to interpret what your issue is.

The problem is not with LOGIC having a bug or a poor design.

The problem is with your knowledge of Logic and how it works.

It is obvious by what you typed.

The problem went from a Drumagog trigger point, to Strip silence, to adjusting Regions.

Strip silence and Region edits are not all that difficult to understand. The solution is quite simple and I hope you figure it out.

In the mean time, feel free to insult the readers you are asking help from. I am sure we all will be glad to put you on Santa's poo doo list.

"...I dont care who you are. Thats funny right there, Lord, I apologize for that one there, and be with all the starving Pygmies down there in New Guinea, Amen."

larryface1.jpg.8a1d5d7848c908a0667349c0bea80e10.jpg

I will be nice...

I DID read your entire post. WE all read your entire post. Although YOU may understand what it is you are trying to explain, that does not mean the readers understand the explanation.

The problem is not with US trying to interpret what your issue is.

The problem is not with LOGIC having a bug or a poor design.

The problem is with your knowledge of Logic and how it works.

It is obvious by what you typed.

The problem went from a Drumagog trigger point, to Strip silence, to adjusting Regions.

Strip silence and Region edits are not all that difficult to understand. The solution is quite simple and I hope you figure it out.

In the mean time, feel free to insult the readers you are asking help from. I am sure we all will be glad to put you on Santa's poo doo list.

"...I dont care who you are. Thats funny right there, Lord, I apologize for that one there, and be with all the starving Pygmies down there in New Guinea, Amen."

You're funny. Have a nice day.