random popping during recording

rainguitar

I've had Express 8 for a few months now, an upgrade from 7. I use Amplitube 2 and have since my pre 8 days but occasionally I get random popping sounds when I record with it. These are not loud pops but they're there nonetheless and often ruin a good take. It does not seem to be related to recording levels since it occurs even when I record with the levels way down and the popping often occurs in the quieter passages. It's hard to trouble shoot this since I don't whether the problem is with Logic or Amplitube or even the Edirol FA-66 I use as my interface. The latter seems unlikely because it doesn't give me problems in any other situation. Sometimes all I have to do is record again on a new track and the problem goes away, but what I find even stranger is that I can record a series of good takes on a track then come back to that same track later and record another region and get popping on that region without changing anything. It's not a cable problem because I've used several different cables. Anyone have any ideas about what may be going on here? Thanks

Sometimes this is a Logic issue with guitar amp plugins. I've had the same problem with Guitar Rig 2 although fortunately only at the record start point which I've been able to automate mutes for. If the buffer adjustment doesn't do the trick try removing the plugin and see if the clicks go away. - Emile

Archived