Question for the Pro's regarding Leopard

compilotrc

With all do respect do those who post on this board, I specifically am interested in the PRO opinion on this one.

How many of you have upgraded to Leopard yet? Considering that you are dealing with larger studios and critical projects I would be interested in knowing. I personally have not upgraded yet but will be buying the upgrade shortly and have some concerns over stability and bugs.

-Ray

With all do respect do those who post on this board, I specifically am interested in the PRO opinion on this one.

How many of you have upgraded to Leopard yet? Considering that you are dealing with larger studios and critical projects I would be interested in knowing. I personally have not upgraded yet but will be buying the upgrade shortly and have some concerns over stability and bugs.

-Ray

I would wait a little while longer.

-Ray

any pro that updates as soon as logic and leopard came out for serious studio work, is not a pro.

golden rule in the music industry.

IF IT AINT BROKE, DONT FIX IT

-Ray

For large projects and studios stick with 10.4.9 with Logic 7.2.x for the most stable environment. Don't go to Leopard or Logic 8 yet until perhaps 6-8 months from now. Give it time to gain the stability of the previous version which had a few years to get there. This will also give all the plugin manufacturers an opportunity to go through a couple of iterations on their plugs and stabilize them as well.

R

until perhaps 6-8 months from now

I switched to OSX 10.3 from OS9.2.2 (which was incredibly stable!)

just 22 months ago.

I'm now on Tiger, 10.4.9 and I'm going to stay there, and let everyone

else troubleshoot Leopard, newest Logic updates, newest Pro Tools updates, etc.

But if you have boatloads of time on your hands, by all means, ofcourse! :wink: