Universal Librarian/Editor

Has anyone been using the beta SoundDiver or any of the others such as unisyn, midiquest... and importing the names / patch and so on into Logic Studio 8?

I haven't but I'd too would love to hear from people who are. What solutions for librarian editors are others using? As far as I know Sound Diver is pretty much dead?? And no UB?? Does anyone have any more info?

I had been using SD for a few years but, never got into the copying names across as I could never get it to link properly. I tended to use it seperately and more as a sole editing library system alongside Logic.

I wasn't happy with the last version as it automatically wrote over the existing patch while you were editing. Normally you could just click on another patch and it would put the previous one back to its unsaved state unless you decided to save. I managed to lose a few banks on various synths before I realised what was happening. Not happy

I have used SD for almost a decade and it worked like a charm before OS X. It automatically send patch´s name to Logic. Well, those days are gone. I still have the Beta SD but the app is very buggy.

With so many VI today i don´t think Apple will resuscitate SD. Maybe they could include it in MainStage.

• 1 month later...
I was hopeful before LP8 was released we might see a return of SD. Logic Studio would have been a perfect venue for its reintroduction. But since it didn't happen, I think, like others, we've seen the last of SD. We must assume its not an area of interest for Apple. Shame. But I'll continue using the beta till some OS upgrade renders it useless. From my cursory research, Unisyn doesn't seem to be a strong alternative.