Surround sound mixing

kerromac

hey...i'm interested in surround sound and was just wondering how well logic deals with it...i know it doesnt have many (if any) surround specific effects but can use mono effects in surround applications...but is there any plug-in which would give me a doppler effect in surround?...i've used an 02r96 at a friends studio with the post-production add-on and the surround doppler is AMAZING!...i know digital performer has a surround panner with doppler functions but not sure about logic...thanks in advance

LP7 or LP8? Logic 8 has multichannel plugins for surround, and many improvements in this regard.

There's no specific effect for doppler, but . . . you can automate a gain plug, the Cents parameter of Pith Shifter II, pan, and the cutoff of Autofilter at the same time. I've found it's way better to be able to tweak these things independently than to rely on what somebody's plug-in thinks is going to sound right. Especially if you're working to picture.

LP7 or LP8? Logic 8 has multichannel plugins for surround, and many improvements in this regard.

There's no specific effect for doppler, but . . . you can automate a gain plug, the Cents parameter of Pith Shifter II, pan, and the cutoff of Autofilter at the same time. I've found it's way better to be able to tweak these things independently than to rely on what somebody's plug-in thinks is going to sound right. Especially if you're working to picture.

sorry...logic 8...thanks for the reply...

Archived