Flying Folders Betwere Songs....

VSOP

So theTopic should let u know what Im wondering about.

What is the correct behavior. If I have Song A, lets say 16 tracks of production tracked out to Audio Files on Audio Objects 1-16. This was created on Rig A, at a producer I often work with's home rig.

I want to now pull this folder, objects and all, audio and all, with track names, channel strips, fader positions, ( for this exampels sake we will say all objects are routed to Output 1-2) into a MIX that I have running on my L8 RIg.

When I try to do This I am presented with a dialog box offering 3 options. None of theese seem to accomplish what I want. The first 2 Bring the audio over and the order of the tracks is the same as in the original session, but all the audio objects have either, been switched to "no object", or for some even crizier thing, changed to the aux returns that already exest in my MIX... With an audio file on the Aux Objects. The other option only brought the audio and no channel strip information, it seemed my RIg simply made new "Default" Audio objects for them.

So IS ther any way to do this? Did I dream that this was possible in another life?

It would be dope if I would be able to drag and drop folders and have the channel strips come along. I can think of a billion uses...

Let me know if possible guys and gal.

Thanks in advance

MH

Ya know, I read on the logic forums about film dude flying in cues from different scores and composers into the master and I guess I just assumed that they were using folders to do this and that they were balanced by the composer and then finalized by the main mixer. I guess I misunderstood.

I do miss import session data. Its the only thing left that I miss.

Can anybody weigh in on this? Film guys?

Thanks again!

MH

really steve?? I never got that far with L7..

how did it handle objects? That seems to me the biggest hurdle.... If Song A is using Audio Obj 1,2,3, and Inst 1, 2, and 3....and so is Song B, then an 'Import Data' function should simply recognize that fact, and offer to Create New Objects with Tracks'

that's got me thinking about how to do that with folders......hmmm...sure wish I knew how to write code :)

BUMP?

Is there really NO WAY to to move channels from song to song with plug ins with out saving all the channel strips 1 by 1?

If there isnt, has anyone come up with a workaround? This is a real bummer.

If there isnt a workaround some please let me know berfore I spend the next 2 weeks trying to find somthing that dosent exist.

LOL

Thanks

MH

Archived