BCF2000 & BCR2000

• 1 month later...

As far as build quality goes are these things utter cr*p or are they usably good? I'm thinking about a control surface, but dont know if going for a Mackie (second hand universal probably) is too much, when these are so stupidly cheap.

I've the non-touch sensitive faders make automation a pain?

• 2 years later...
My BCF-2000 was working great for it's purpose. Unfortunately one day I programmed a wrong button while in Logic Control mode. It ended rewiring the rotary knob to the Fader vice versa. The fader works now as a Pan function and you can guess what the rotary knob does.

The build quality is decent. It is not a bad piece of equipment.

The fact that it does not have a direct effect on your sound is a good thing considering this company's reputation for sound quality . They are just controllers, nothing else.

At this they do a good job.

Of course this has to do with the fact that you are using the MCU protocol and the BCF is just taking directions from that. So you are getting an generic MCU (albeit with no screen and no touch sensitivity) and saving a bunch of money.

Is it worth it, I think so. The unit is cheap enough that it is a good step in learning a MCU without having to shell out the cash until you are ready. Here is the link where I lay out the steps to setting it up as a controller for Logic.

http://www.logicprohelp.com/viewtopic.php?p=16210#16210