Please Help!! Recording individual songs/tracks for CD

honeybee

I have Logic Pro 7.

Can someone please tell me how to name an individual song onto an individual track, then burn individual tracks onto one cd, so the cd has all 12 individual tracks (songs), for example, on it.

I am recording a pianist tomorrow, I have the mics set up perfectly and the grand piano sounds great, just need to know how to list (name) each track as each piece is performed and then go on and do the same with the next piece onto the next track, etc... then burn the cd for her.

Thanks in advance for the HELP!

I'm using audio tracks. Should I be using instrument tracks? Very frustrating. Do I just record different regions on one audio track and then when I bounce...? I would like more than 1 track on the CD!

Again thanks for any help on this!

you can record one song per project or all in one project (preferably on diff. tracks)

simply use the text tool to rename a region.

bounce your "song" and give it desired name. if you're working in one project only... then solo each region, adjust locators to fit to your region, solo and bounce.

When you've bounced all the songs then open waveburner (this comes with logic pro/studio) and import them and position them in desired order, adjust volume, fades etc and burn to cd.

If you don't have waveburner then use itunes (making sure the import options are for high quality cd audio).

by the way, if you are using mics to record - then you of course need to use audio tracks! I really would suggest rtfm as well.

rounik

Another simple way:

Record song 1.

Bounce (dithering to 44/16 bit)

Record song 2.

Bounce.

Record song 3.

Bounce.

And so on ...

(Bounce to a different location on any HD or to the default Bounce Folder of your Logic project)

Then, take all the bounced files/songs and use a program called Toast to burn a regular Audio CD.

Or use iTunes to burn, taking care of artist and song names so you don't get lost.

And try to learn Logic and the process of making music with computers as much as you can.

:P

Thank you! Thank you!

Yes, I am learning. I've used Logic for about 3 months now and it has been mostly for my own comps, and I love it for this!

I took a studio recording class, where we were using Digital Performer. It was very easy to name and record each song the band was playing. Mix, bounce and burn.

Although, DP crashed about 3X in the process :? , DP did seem easier for home/studio recoding of audio. It is just right there title of song, audio, etc...

Again, THANK YOU! Lots to learn, but I do love my Logic Pro 7, great for composition, and I'm sure it's great for recording a simple audio session once I get the jist of it.

Thank you! Thank you!

Yes, I am learning. I've used Logic for about 3 months now and it has been mostly for my own comps, and I love it for this!

I took a studio recording class, where we were using Digital Performer. It was very easy to name and record each song the band was playing. Mix, bounce and burn.

Although, DP crashed about 3X in the process :? , DP did seem easier for home/studio recoding of audio. It is just right there title of song, audio, etc...

Again, THANK YOU! Lots to learn, but I do love my Logic Pro 7, great for composition, and I'm sure it's great for recording a simple audio session once I get the jist of it.

Well, it's the same in Logic.

You name a project (song), record, mix, bounce and burn.

You just need to learn about using it.

:)

Buy David's book and RTFM.

http://www.peachpit.com/store/product.aspx?isbn=0321502922&rl=1

;)