White noise party

chevron

A question - for years using Logic on several different computers inc G3, G4, G5 and intel processors. With a myriad of different interfaces. I occasionally have this problem.....

Sometimes I record audio on a track and play the recording back and get full scale white noise. When looking at the audio file in the sample editor, all appears to be OK and even after re-importing the file I get the same thing.

Anyone else had this problem, or am I like the anti-christ to Logic??? :twisted:

P.S. I did a quick search and couldn't find anything to help...

I would get that in L7, when recording tons of overdubs. suddenly we review a take.. and BLAMB! full blast... ouch!

After a shut down, I would almost always get that "Bad Header" for an audio file error, and it would ask if I'd like Logic to fix it?

Yes, please. No issues after that it seems.

I was always concerned about that one file every time.

Haven't had it yet in L8.

• 9 months later...
I have had this too several times in the past with L7, and maybe couple of times with L8. Yesterday I had a long recording session, and just about every 10th recording had nothing but noise in it!! I rebooted my mac, but that didn't solve the problem! Very weird...

Archived