Need some advice on setting up desk etc...

I use my Macbook Pro for work (audio typist) and music. I'm going to be sitting at this desk for hours every day. I've bought a desk (ikea Galant) and play to get an Aeron soon.

What I want to know is if anyone has any tips on lighting to ease the eyes a bit from looking at a screen all day.

I've seen people put lamps behind their monitors a lot. Not sure what this does.

So I'm just looking to get some advice on making the experience as comfortable and healthy as possible from people who probably spend hours in the chair looking at Logic (and more obviously)

Audio typist, I work from home, I get set audio files of interviews (usually market research) I type it out and get paid for every hour of audio I type. So the faster I type, the more I earn in a sense or quicker I get my work done.

I'm thinking of getting a 24" Dell when I can afford it but right now I'm just on my lap so a desk and chair is first.

What I want to know is if anyone has any tips on lighting to ease the eyes a bit from looking at a screen all day.

)

Full-spectrum lamps, definitely, and more than one, if possible. Regardless of where you place them, as long as their light is on your work, you'll get the benefit. And their benefit is - no pun - night and day versus standard lights. Verilux and Ott have been around the longest, but there are others, and they're available just about anywhere.

yup..Up here in the PacNW..the lack of sunlight in the fall/winter is really hard on the eyes and mind (hence the caffiene addiction everywhere). Putting full spectrum light bulbs all over the house just makes you FEEL better.

here's a link..

http://www.fullspectrumsolutions.com/holiday_specials_70_ctg.htm

http://www.fullspectrumsolutions.com/full_spectrum_light_bulbs_30_ctg.htm