LP9 Channel Strip Settings menu in Arrange area's tracklist

David Nahmani

This isn't working. Is there some preference to select to make it work ?

I am ctrl-clicking (laptop) to get the right click. What I'm getting is track object and configure track header options in a pop up menu.

Perhaps there is something I'm missing or a way you have Logic setup that works better for you that I should try.

Thanks.

This isn't working. Is there some preference to select to make it work ?

I am ctrl-clicking (laptop) to get the right click. What I'm getting is track object and configure track header options in a pop up menu.

Perhaps there is something I'm missing or a way you have Logic setup that works better for you that I should try.

Thanks.

You can try to click and hold the left mouse button for just a sec!

You can access a track's Channel Strip Settings menu by long-clicking the channel strip setting name in the track list.

Hi.

This only works if one has previously selected Channel Strip setting on that track.

Nothing happens if you click-hold an empty track.

i

You can access a track's Channel Strip Settings menu by long-clicking the channel strip setting name in the track list.

Hi.

This only works if one has previously selected Channel Strip setting on that track.

i

It should work...

1) Make sure you click-hold a CSS name. It won't work if you click-hold the track name, channel strip name... so for example it does not work on a new track that doesn't have a CSS instantiated yet.

2) When click-holding an unselected track, first the track becomes selected - keep holding your click and then the CSS menu appears.

make sure that when you configure your track header (right click on track header) that you either have auto name ticked or have selected "channel strip setting name".

Now long click on the channel strip heading name on the track header and it should work as David described.

Here's another variation on this great tip which can be done on the channel strip name on the track header or on the channel strip itself:

hold down Option- long click...

the drop down menu now allows you to use channel strips from different types of tracks.

e.g. this action on an audio track will allow you to use channel strips settings normally attributed to software instrument tracks, busses, outputs etc.

Sorry if this is a little OT - just seemed to fit nicely with David's tip.

Rounik

Hi.

i

It should work...

1) Make sure you click-hold a CSS name. It won't work if you click-hold the track name, channel strip name... so for example it does not work on a new track that doesn't have a CSS instantiated yet.

2) When click-holding an unselected track, first the track becomes selected - keep holding your click and then the CSS menu appears.

Hi David.

It works if I have selected CSS to track. If I haven't it doesn't work. I think that that is how it should work?

Option-clicking works also. Note! That if you option-click a track that doesn't have selected CSS Logic will make a duplicate of that track. Don't know if that's mentioned in the manual.

i