No droputs on Mainstage 1.0.2

manofra

Hi all,

FYI, I've tried to reproduce the audio dropouts for about an hour, but nothing happened. I've played constantly and switched patches back and forth -- 20 of them, eating half of my 2 GB RAM. Not a single drop, hiccup, or whatever.

I guess this version can safely live to its promises.

Will do more testing (using instruments) and post the results here.

Mano

Hi all,

FYI, I've tried to reproduce the audio dropouts for about an hour, but nothing happened. I've played constantly and switched patches back and forth -- 20 of them, eating half of my 2 GB RAM. Not a single drop, hiccup, or whatever.

I guess this version can safely live to its promises.

Will do more testing (using instruments) and post the results here.

Mano

That's awesome news. What kind of setup are you using?

Hi B,

I have a guitar running through 3 different channel strips:

a. the magnetic pickups

b. the piezo pickup

c. effects return

All three are used at all times -- one might be muted, but it's active. I use a midi floor controller to toggle each channel strip on and off. I loaded a concert with 20 patches -- biting a lot of memory -- and played for a while, switching patches up and down every 10 seconds or so, without stop playing to change patches.

I got no drops, hiccups, deaf zones, whatsoever. Audio was never interrupted.

I will put it to a real test next week, when I finish setting up the patches and take it to a 4-hour long practice. I'll have instrument channel strips running as well, so it'll be a real test. If it passes, it'll be on the road with me real soon. :)

A better description of the MIDI side of my rig is in the other thread, "Logic's channel strips in Mainstage", in which you also helped me.

Thanks,

ManoFra