Logic7 mac help!

Axiz7

Hi all,

Lookin to purchase Logic 7 and could use any feedback from those using it...Also will a basic G5 do with L7's included sampler?...PC convert here. ;-)

Where to buy a Mac would be a great help also, I'd go used on Ebay, unless led otherwise.

Thanks for any feedback.

Logic runs pretty gently on the cpu, but it depends on your needs. I can keep a handful of softsynths going on a 667 G4, but my 1.8 ghz iMac is a lot more comfy. So far, it is more than enough for me, but people who use lots of plugins usually want towers.

Depending on what Apple offers up in January, though, you may be better off buying a new intel-based ibook than an old G5 tower. Then again, Logic 7 may not even be supported on the new processors. If you are not in such a hurry you might want to wait to see what January brings.

If you do buy from ebay, I'd recommend looking for Macs that still have a few month of Applecare extended warranty just in case. You can also legitimately buy used copies of Logic.

Depending on what Apple offers up in January, though, you may be better off buying a new intel-based ibook than an old G5 tower. Then again, Logic 7 may not even be supported on the new processors. If you are not in such a hurry you might want to wait to see what January brings.

If you do buy from ebay, I'd recommend looking for Macs that still have a few month of Applecare extended warranty just in case. You can also legitimately buy used copies of Logic.

velocipede,

Cool, I think i'll go with the tower...just to play it safe. And good info here!

There's a lot of shadey looking G5 stufff on Ebay, I just read of this elaborate scam on them on Gearsluts.

Does anyone know of a decent reseller of G5's :?:

thx