First Post - Hello All

DonM

Hello All:

New to Forum, a bit overwhelmed to say the least. I've been reading the posts and find you guys are quite on the ball. I'm an old Pro-Tools, Sonar, Samplitude user, and teach Sonar at a university in my Sound Design classes. As you can tell mostly WinTel stuff.

I've been slowly migrating my on-location gear towards Mac. Many reasons for the move. I've been recording for over thirty years and most of my work is for NPR classical broadcast with about 5 to 7 CD's each year as well.

Reason for that background is to say hi and reiterate how impressed I've been with the forum thusfar.

My question is y'all's recommendations for training materials. Clearly David's book is at the top of the list. Anything else would be helpful!

Thanks for a gentle response to a first post!

-D

My question is y'all's recommendations for training materials

My advice would be to first go through the manual briefly, then do David's book, and then go through the manual again. And of course read the Tips and Tricks section on the forum here!

Welcome to the board.

I second what the others have posted here.

I have heard a lot of good things about David's book (he is the guy that runs this forum).

But I have used (and love) the MacProVideo video tutorials.

Sadly - most of these things will cost some money. But everything listed here is worth the funds (IMHO).

SFLogic Ninja is a good one, and free too!

Again - welcome to the board, and good luck!

Edited by Waterboy

Hi Don,

Thanks for a gentle response to a first post!

Well, OK . . . since it's your first post . . .

Nice to see yet another Pennsylvanian here. I'm a former Sequoia user from way back in the day. PC days I should say, but I have blocked many of those painful "Bill Gates Moment" memories.

I'm going to PM you . . .

Thanks folks for all of the kind replies.

I'm a "training materials junkie". Since I teach, I am constantly developing training materials, editing or contributing to others in the field, and obtaining materials for evaluation.

I labor to distill some of the best titles for my students on both the science and art of what we do.

These recommendations are excellent. I owe you guys!

-D