Logging Into This Site

bresnark

Hi, everyone (esp David)...

Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but has anyone else been experiencing a change to this site whereby you have to login every time you visit? Previously, my profile was remembered, but it seems that I have to enter my username and password every time now.

This started about a week ago, I think. I haven't changed my cookie prefs in Sarafi, so that's not it.

It's no biggie to login, but it was great before...

Robin

Me too. In fact I had to log in for this post eventhough I posted a few days ago.

I seem to remember that the log in deal may be there to prevent spam posts, etc.

Actually, having to log in helps me remember my password!

What causes me problems is when I go for a month without posting and then I have to log in-I forget my username and password. So many sites with so many different names and passwords!

Bluespro

Thats weird, I was going to ask something very similar...

My problem has always been that whenever I leave the forum, I have to log in again.

However, I can't use the login button at the bottom of the forum index page......it'll give me an error saying that my name/password is incorrect, which in fact is not so.

The way I am able to log in is that I have to click on a 'start a new thread' or a 'reply'

button inside a thread. That'll take me to a page that has my name and password already typed in (I guess because its saved in my keychain) and I get logged in that way.

What causes me problems is when I go for a month without posting and then I have to log in-I forget my username and password. So many sites with so many different names and passwords!

Bluespro

Yes. I also have a large amount of passwords. What I do is put each one on a text file. Many of the forums and free email accounts are on my keychain so it remembers but I read that that doesn't work on some websites.