Crazy playback problem in 7.1

djmhiratzka

I'm working on some tracks that are pushing a high track count (up to 60, about 1/4 - 1/3 stereo) and all of sudden I'm having some crazy corruption of playback. I was trying to record some audio in, and it went haywire. Only some channels are playing, and everything sounds out of balance, missing effects etc. I restarted my computer, rebooted Logic and the song, then got the 'error trying to synchronize audio and midi' message.

I re-installed ProTools to redo my CoreAudio drivers, I also re-configured my audio/midi settings on my G5. Even after this, the affected Logic song files seem to be corrupted and still played back all jacked up. I loaded up the backup file and everything is (thankfully) playing back OK on that, but I'm paranoid every time I hit record that I'm going to run into this again.

There's a ton of hidden vocal takes (one song has about 80), does this affect Logic's performance? The project I'm working on is the first time I've pushed Logic this hard...

My system has been running in it's current configuration for over a year, this is the first time I've ever seen this problem in 5 years of using Logic.

Has anyone experienced anything like this? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Mike

G5 dual 1.8, 2.5 GB RAM, OSX 10.4.6, 7.1.0, Digi 002 (PT 7.3.1 cs5)