Leopard and LP8

oakmoon

I am thinking of upgrading Tiger to Leopard. I recently upgraded LP7 to LP8 and everything works great. I have a MacPro intel duo and MOTU traveler interface. I prefer not to do a clean install and simply upgrade if possible (I'm worried I would lose audio files as this has happens every time I move things around).

Any thoughts ?

I am thinking of upgrading Tiger to Leopard. I recently upgraded LP7 to LP8 and everything works great.

No reason to become a daredevil now... :wink:

I have a MacPro intel duo and MOTU traveler interface. I prefer not to do a clean install and simply upgrade if possible (I'm worried I would lose audio files as this has happens every time I move things around).

Any thoughts ?

No matter whether or not you upgrade (and how): Backup your stuff. Hard disk space is cheap, data loss is disastrous and can hit you even without assignable cause...

Hi Oakmoon

I think Jope has noticed the most important thing here.

Seems to me that the biggest worry is not whether you upgrade to Leopard, but that you say:

(I'm worried I would lose audio files as this has happens every time I move things around)

First thing to do is to work out a proper back-up regime so that you DON'T ever lose audio files regardless of which OS you are using.

Maybe create a partition on (one of) your discs that ONLY contains song data (including audio files). That way it's very easy to buy a cheap external hard drive to back up the entire partition (say once a week).

Incidentally, I am running LP8.01 and Leopard and everything is working fine so far!

All the best

and..all things being equal...when I went to the Apple Store to get my iPhone yesterday, I spend about 20 minutes on a new Octo machine/Leopard/Logic 8. Just wrote something with about 15 softsynths, a few buses, and some Apple loops while I was standing there. Didn't crash once.

of course..it was just using Core Audio to drive it, and playing everything off the internal drive, and NO 3rd party plugins...

but it worked....